We have exciting news to share!
AGRA and our partners in the Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture (CALA) – the African Management Institute and Policy LINK – have announced the opening of the application period for the second cohort of CALA’s Advanced Leadership Programme.
The second cohort follows the inaugural cohort of 80 leaders from eight focus countries who began their journey in August 2021. Formed from over 1,000 applications the first cohort is halfway into its 16-month leadership learning journey and boasts a wide representation with 44% of participants from government, 31% from the private sector and 25% from civil society. Women participants comprise 48% of the cohort.
Call for Cohort 2 Applications
We’re excited to build on the success of our inaugural cohort by forming an equally impressive second cohort across all of the same eight focus countries: Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda.
Who can apply?
- Established or emerging leaders working in government, private firms and associations, or civil society organizations who are responsible for driving agriculture flagships and priority programs in our 8 focus countries. Individuals in Agriculture line ministries are encouraged to apply (e.g., Water, Irrigation, Finance, Gender etc.)
- Must be actively employed or working in government (public sector), private sector and civil society (associations or civil society organizations)
- Special consideration will be given to women leaders and individuals working to advance agroecological practices
- Individuals who previously applied are encouraged to reapply
Application Period & Timeline:
The application deadline opens on 19th April and closes on 3rd June 2022. The second cohort will be announced in early July and the programme begins in early August 2022.
What are some of the benefits of the programme?
The 16-month leadership programme for experienced professionals will include a unique learning approach to developing participants’ leadership, collaboration and management skills, through:
- Action Learning Projects directly connected to your job objectives and country transformation objectives with executive and team coaching
- Access to case studies of Agriculture Transformation in Africa
- Participation in forums such as the African Green Revolution Forum and leadership forums
- Virtual and in-person (subject to covid-19 protocols) learning events
- Peer learning, networking and regular accountability sessions
For more information or to apply visit: https://cala.agra.org/programme/cala-advanced-leadership-programme/
If you have any questions about the programme, our team is happy to answer them. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll respond to you promptly.
With our best regards,
The CALA Team